As an athlete at a Division II institution, you have what we call transferable skills. Transfer skills include: Teamwork, communication, leadership, reliability & time management, etc.
Make an appointment to speak to your Career Advisor about how to market your athletic experience and transferable skills on your resume, cover letter and in the interview to match the competencies employers are seeking!
- Student-Athlete’s Guide: Competing to Get a Job: This NCAA guide is a great resource on how to transfer the skills you’ve gained from your athletic career into your next chapter.
- After the Game Career Center: For former student-athletes connecting to employers through their job board.
- NCAA After the Game Career Center: A job board for former NCAA student-athletes. All jobs are posted by employers looking to hire college athletes.
- NCAA Job Market: Listings of current job openings in intercollegiate athletics. Browse jobs by field, sport or location.
- Sports Jobs: Lists openings for full time positions with sports organizations throughout the U.S.
- The Athlete Network: A job board listing positions in a wide variety of fields.
- The Sports Career Finder: Provides information on sports professions and allows you to search for all kinds of sports-related jobs.
- Work in Sports: Hundreds of different sports related internships and jobs.
As an Emmanuel athlete, you are a part of a tight-knit community and team of peers, coaches, advisors and professors who may have connections in your industry of interest. Attend career events each semester and connect with your community to begin building your network and searching for opportunities!