Teach Kentucky (https://teachkentucky.com) is seeking college graduates (by July 1, 2024) who are certified or will be certified to teach by July 1, 2024.
About Teach Kentucky
Teach Kentucky, an AmeriCorps program, recruits college graduates to launch their teaching careers in Louisville, Kentucky’s public schools. For 22 years, we have recruited over 475 energetic, passionate, and tenacious educators to our program from 45+ states and more than 300 top-tier colleges and universities.
Now in our 23nd recruiting season, we are proud to have assembled tremendous financial and practical support for our candidates in 2024-25, includingAmeriCorps grants.
Beyond funding, Teach Kentucky provides robust support for teachers during their first two years and beyond, You will become part of the Teach Kentucky Community of Educators. We seek applicants with deep content knowledge and a desire to make a difference in an urban public school environment.
Accepted applicants will receive:
From Teach Kentucky:
- $14,000 towards tuition or student loans from AmeriCorps Segal Education Award..
- Six-week Summer Institute (new teacher orientation and induction).
- $2,500 Summer grant during your first summer.
- Extensive mentor support team during the first two years.
- Be a part of a cohort of new teachers.
From Jefferson County Public Schools:
- $47,096 initially plus annual pay increases.
- Pay increase of $7,000 when you complete a masters degree.
- Full school district benefits package.
- Significant time off especially during the summer months.
- Up to $4,000 relocation incentive.
Qualifications to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree with 2.75 GPA conferred by July 2024 or earlier with certification and/or eligibility to teach either elementary, middle or high school mathematics, science (MS science, HS biology, chemistry, physics), English, Spanish, English as a Second Language (ESL) or special education (LBD).
- Ability to transfer (if from out of state) teacher certification to Kentucky.
- Ability and desire to relocate to Louisville, KY by July 1, 2024.
- Citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States.
- A desire to become an exceptional teacher.
To apply go to https://www.teachkentucky.com/apply/
***For answers to questions, don’t hesitate to call or email:
Rowan Claypool, Founder and President, (502) 599-5061, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Max Morley, Recruitment Coordinator (606)-434-8048, email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of Teach Kentucky’s mission. No matter your race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran / military status, marriage / parental status, or any other similar criterion, we encourage you to apply.
Updated 9/17/2023 TK