In this position, you will have the opportunity to work closely with some of the brightest scientific minds in the world. You will be a key contributor in obtaining the funding required to continue the groundbreaking science performed in our labs daily. You will be in charge of the full life cycle of funding sources with direct insight into how that funding is specifically being used to advance innovative research. There are also ample opportunities for professional development including conference attendance and access to professional affiliations as well as career advancement within the department and university.
Position Description :
This position requires independent judgment and problem-solving skills to ensure compliance with sponsor and donor regulations, school and University policies, and department procedures. The Research Portfolio Manager (RPM) provides superior customer service to PIs and their lab members in support of research activities in a high volume, fast paced, and dynamic environment.
- Proactively establish relationships with PIs, their Lab Administrators, and other lab members; maintain effective communication; and protect confidential information
- Provide direct support to PIs and their lab members with proposal preparation, including budget development and assembly of supporting documentation and required institutional information
- Shepherd supported proposals through the school and University proposal review and submission process
- Facilitate award setup with the Office for Sponsored Programs
- Schedule non-financial reports in the Grants Management Application Suite (GMAS)
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and University, school, and sponsor policies
- Notify PIs of funding opportunities, providing information and application forms as necessary
- Analyze and report sponsored funding trends
- Manage designated funding (sponsored and non-sponsored) for the PIs and their lab members. This includes complex financial management and analysis, compliance with university policy and sponsor’s terms and conditions, and reporting.
- Conduct monthly detailed financial analysis of portfolios and provide individual consulting to PIs
- Strategize with PIs on resource and personnel allocations. Monitor balances, reconcile accounts, perform spending projections, and address ad hoc queries
- Work closely with the PI and Office for Sponsored Programs to review new awards, set up budgets, and provide guidance on policy
- Review and approve financial transactions, such as reimbursements for travel and corporate card payments, PCards, and Buy to Pay
- Facilitate the effort certification process and advise the PI on related policies
- Provide guidance to lab administrators on finance and sponsored research matters including systems, policies, and procedures
- Implement local procedures, recommend process improvements, and resolve issues related to research funding
- Advise and assist Principal Investigators (PIs) with sponsor policies and programmatic reporting requirements of the various funding organizations, including progress reports.