The Career Center at Emmanuel College is seeking Teaching Assistant/s to assist the INT 1001 instructors in and outside of the classroom in the Spring Semester. Teaching Assistants will be responsible for assisting in preparing for INT classes and for classroom management during class time. This is a 5-week position and receives a stipend of $150 per course section.
Career Planning + Engagement is a required 5 weeks long First Year course designed to prepare students for the undergraduate internship search process. This course is a pre-requisite for most department internship courses.
Students in this course will be introduced to the topic of career development and will develop the skills necessary to search for a future internship. Students will use the MBTI and Focus Assessment to build a foundational knowledge of themselves and their unique attributes. Students will then learn how to highlight those attributes in a resume and discuss them in an interview.
Career Planning + Engagement meets once per week for the first 5 weeks of the spring semester. Spring 2024 classes will be held in person and will be taught by professionals from the Career Center.
- Provide support to instructors and act as a resource to First Year students enrolled in the course.
- Support INT instructors by assisting with technology and monitoring class during presentations and activities.
- Teaching Assistants are expected to be in the classroom 15 minutes before the start of class to ensure working technology and stay at least 15 minutes after to answer student questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of INT1001
- Previous internship experience or teaching assistant position desirable
- Experience working with the Career Center, Admission office or other leadership roles on-campus preferred